- Standing in line at Union Station is a sucker bet. It's always better to slide in through the side once boarding starts.
- Train seats are significantly cushier than plane seats. My legs haven't fallen asleep once.
- New York City is really pretty from far away. Going north, sit on the left side of the train.
- Amtrak coffee isn't bad.
- During a brief stop, the conductor announced: "We're waiting for the fancy-pants Acela to pass us on the right..."
- The track in Connecticut sucks. So do the roads there in the winter. Sand on snow isn't a good idea, folks. Do us a solid and just pay for the salt, okay?
- If the train had wifi, I'd never fly again.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Amtrak regional to Boston
Observations from my eight hour train ride: