Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Obligatory Valentine's Day Post

So the big V is only two days away! Single ladies: got your tissues handy? Ready to spend the night sobbing on the couch with only When Harry Met Sally for company? Or, alternatively, excited to get sh!tfaced with other singles and hook up with someone whose name you don't even know?

Okay, so I'm exaggerating the depression a little. But I really kinda hate Valentine's day. Why have a holiday where people get sad? Why give people in bad relationships a disincentive to getting out of them? Why discriminate against groups of 3 or 5 or 10 in restaurant reservations? The whole thing is kind of silly, if you ask me. Holidays should be happy days, not days that make people feel inadequate for not getting as many cards as Billy in Ms. Teach's third-grade class.

[Now, so you don't think I'm a bitter old hag, I'll disclose that I am happily coupled-up for the 14th this year. I hate the day anyway, fabulous relationship or not.]

So... what to post to mark the Day of Chocolate and Roses? What better symbol than a little piggy! Turns out an adorable runty piglet was born with a heart-shaped spot 10 days ago, just in time! Isn't he cuuuuuute? I'd cuddle up with that little one anytime. (Thanks to JKatz for the tip.)

Image from the Daily Mail.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He'll be bacon in a year or two. don't get too attached :)