Friday, March 21, 2008

State of My Bracket

Round 1 of the tournament is ongoing, and the state of my bracket is not so strong. I have 11 correct picks and 9 incorrect picks. I'm happy with over 50% accuracy given the way I picked the bracket. The sad part is that 5 of my Sweet 16 teams are already out of the running: USC (for Liz), Gonzaga (for Mara), Cornell (for Ivy rep), Arizona (for Treyer), and Drake (I think they had really tall players or something). The happy part is that Miami rocked out by winning against St. Mary's. I know a lot of folks don't have faith in Miami, but they're gonna do good things for me, so I'm sticking with them.

Since I know you're sooooo interested in how I do in this tournament, I'll make sure to keep you posted! If you want information about scores, the entire GW pool, or random UF information, you can check out Ben's blog at http://justmy42cents.wordpress.com/. He knows more than I do. I know that sounds impossible, but it's true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have a pool and thus only filled out a bracket for fun, but I'm doing slightly worse than you. One of my Final Four teams (Pittsburgh) is already out. Here's hoping Tennessee, Kansas, and UCLA hold out!