Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bizarro Wimbledon

Just because I haven't been blogging doesn't mean I haven't been watching! Honestly, it's like you don't even know me at all.

What on earth is happening this year? R-Fed going down two sets and facing match point in the first round... Venus Williams and Kim Clijsters losing in the quarters to a couple randos... The longest match in tennis history three times over... Roddick, last year's finalist, out in the round of 16 by a guy ranked in the 80s... And the Queen making an appearance for the first time in 33 years.

[UPDATE 6/30: Federer is OUT! Not even in the semis! Dude!]

I guess anything can happen this year. Can you say ANDY MURRAY.

At least I owe ESPN2 an unending well of gratitude for replacing the awful Chris "I Know Nothing About Tennis And Have No Personality" McKendry with a substantially better woman--Suzy Kolber? I keep missing her name--who actually says intelligent things and does a good job wrangling Brad Gilbert and Pam Shriver instead of making me want to throw my bar books through the television. Thanks ESPN2! You did good!

[Although it must be said: no one will ever replace Mary Carillo in my heart. She's smart, funny and so cute. (I love you Mary.)]

No comments: