Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 1, Day 2

This is the first time I've ever actively shopped for classes. Last year we had no electives (hear that SLS peeps? No electives! Count your blessings!), and last semester I stuck to the classes I chose blindly before coming out to California. This year I registered for seven and have been slowly thinning the herd. So far I'll definitely be taking Evidence, Constitutional Litigation, and Federal Pretrial Litigation--an interesting lineup for a time when litigation is losing its lustre a bit for me. My schedule is Monday/Wednesday heavy, and if all goes as planned I'll only have two finals in May. Woo!

Another first this term is that I'm taking notes on paper. How old school. It's actually been really nice so far: I didn't realize how often I was tabbing over to email or the NYT, or how little I actually listened to what other people would say. I'm starting to understand a little more why professors want to keep computers out of their classrooms, though the paternalism of it is still distasteful. Anyway, it's an experiment, and hopefully it'll turn out well.

I feel very serious. We'll see how long it lasts.

No comments: