Thursday, January 8, 2009

Everything's coming up Milhouse

Thus endeth the first week of the second half of my law school career. I can honestly say I have no complaints. In fact, I'm gonna take a minute here and just gloat.

I'm taking four classes: evidence, constitutional litigation, federal pretrial litigation, and tax policy, and I'll be competing in the moot court competition. This earns me 15.5 credits. I'll have only two exams. No papers will be due during finals period. After spring break, tax policy will be over and I'll have no classes Thursday or Friday for the last month of school, to go along with having only one hour of class on Tuesdays. And if all goes well, I'll end up with a couple good writing samples and references to get me into clinics next year. So I have to say I'm pretty pleased, even if the next two months will be a tad writing-heavy.

So far I've really enjoyed the classes and for the first time at SLS I feel re-engaged with the material I'm learning. And people say hi to me in the halls. And the weather, while not ideal, is much more hospitable than the Northeast would be in January. And a slew of people are coming to visit this month. AND I may be spending my spring break in Spain! Really all I can say is: le yay.

No comments: